Wintermute is one of the largest crypto-native algorithmic trading companies in digital assets. We provide liquidity algorithmically across most cryptocurrency exchanges and trading platforms, a broad range of OTC trading solutions as well as support high profile blockchain projects and traditional financial institutions moving into crypto. Wintermute also has a Wintermute Ventures arm that invests in early stage DeFi projects.
Wintermute was founded in 2017 by industry leaders and has successfully navigated crypto industry cycles. Culturally, we combine the best of the two worlds: the technology standards of high-frequency trading firms in traditional markets and the innovative and entrepreneurial culture of technology startups. To Wintermute digital assets is not just another asset class, we believe in the innovative potential of blockchain, the fundamental innovations, we have a long-term view on the digital asset market and are taking a leadership position in building an innovative and compliant market. Read more here.
Working at Wintermute
We are looking for a C++ Quant Developer who is passionate about technology, interested in both low level details of how computer hardware operates and high-level design of large systems, as well as in data infrastructure. Someone who likes opening the hood to see how things work, has understanding of data structures, experience writing client-server network applications, and writing and optimising code for high performance. We welcome your previous experience from your own personal projects as well as commercial experience. PhD in maths is not uncommon for our Quant Developers, and at least a graduate level of maths skills is required. Interest in algorithmic and quantitative trading is a plus.
At Wintermute you will have an opportunity to grow and make direct impact on trading by developing and improving all the parts of the trading platform, data infrastructure and related software, while also getting advice and guidance from very experienced developers and traders, including the founders. You will get a lot of independence and responsibility right away, and you’ll learn at an unprecedented speed! No legacy systems, no multiple levels of approvals, no bureaucracy; all developers report directly to CTO who is very hands on. It is up to you to make an impact! You will work alongside exceptionally sharp colleagues, learn how to write fail-safe code and improve performance and scalability of the trading system, a real challenge and a rare opportunity! We have flexible working arrangements, it’s the productivity that matters. At least several days a week in the office with our own gym, unlimited food and drinks are required.
What will you work on
A great advantage of this position is that it is varied, and it is also up to you to shape it in the direction that matches your talents and company needs. The focus of the role would be to create data infrastructure to bring the analytics to the next level and support the scaling of quantitative trading. Projects may also include upgrading major trading system components, designing a completely new application from scratch, working on implementation of pricing models. We will share more technical details in the interviews. You will have opportunity to improve your knowledge of software optimisations, of building robust large-scale systems and to understand crypto currency trading.
Hard Skills requirements
- At least 2 years’ experience with C++ – we will test
- Understanding networking and implementing client-server connections – we will test
- Experience with looking under the hood to see how C++ standard libraries work – we will test
- Strong analytical skills – we will test
- A unique opportunity to work on very interesting projects, get the level of responsibility and ownership that would be unlikely at any other project or trading firm
- A unique opportunity to join one of the strongest and most successful CeFi teams globally
- Great company culture: informal, non-hierarchical, ambitious, highly professional yet collaborative and entrepreneurial
- A cool office in central London with a sci-fi touch
- Although we are unable to accept fully remote candidates, we support significant flexibility in regards to working from home and working hours.
- On top of competitive base pay, we offer substantial performance based bonuses
- We offer standard perks too, like pension, private health insurance and free food, but that’s probably not the right reason to join us
- We offer UK work permits and help with relocation
Write to us if you
- Love coding, love problem solving, and love seeing your products work
- Love building things
- Are curious about algorithmic trading and financial markets
- Are determined, ambitious yet humble, willing to work hard and learn on the way
- Like meritocracy and being judged by what you deliver
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.