A rare opportunity to join our fast growing technology company selling high value software development and consultancy services. An ideal role for an experienced and dynamic salesperson to join a growing team.
We are looking for a business development expert who can manage the entire lead lifecycle from first contact to established, loyal client. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious individual to shape our sales offering in either our London, Manchester or Cambridge office, reporting directly into that region’s central manager. The role will entail:
- Lead generation via existing contacts, networking and prospecting
- Arranging and attending sales meetings to uncover suitable opportunities, pitch the company and our values, and communicate the benefits of working with Softwire.
- Leading our in-house multi-disciplinary pre-sales team who will produce any technical proposals necessary to progress the sale.
- Handling objections, negotiating and closing the sale.
- Taking ownership of the entire sales process from start to finish and ensuring we manage that process effectively.
- Working autonomously in leading the sales process, whilst ensuring clear internal communication and ongoing collaboration with the Client Directors and other stakeholders.
- Working closely with the marketing team to create effective lead-generation campaigns and events to bolster the sales cycle.
Softwire is a leading digital software consultancy. We offer services in software engineering, design, innovation, cloud, mobile and data.
Trusted by well-known organisations, including the BBC, David Lloyd Clubs, LNER and The Cabinet Office, Softwire has grown into a business that consistently delivers large, high-profile digital projects for the UK’s leading brands.
But who are we actually?
We’re innovators. We’re passionate problem-solvers in both software engineering and digital design. We are dedicated. And we love what we do.
It all started when our founders Pete, Dan, and Phil realised that there was a better way to do things. A way that delivers results without squeezing the fun out of what we do. A way that is never corporate, but always professional.
When you work with Softwire, you’re not only becoming part of a team with in-depth technical skills and delivery expertise – you’re joining a team filled with passion, guile, and an absolute dedication to producing the best work possible.
Voted in the Sunday Times as one of the Top 100 Companies to Work For (now known as Best Companies), you’ll be working in a thriving environment full of innovation, devotion, and outright electricity.
What we stand for
Here at Softwire, we hold four key values at the core of everything we do:
- We really care about what we do
When we say we care, we honestly mean it. Our work is our passion, and everything that comes through our doors is treated with the utmost respect and with the same level of care that we’d treat our own work. Because honestly – we really do care.
- We trust and are trustworthy
We’re not micromanagers. We place a level of trust in each member of our team to work their hardest and produce the best they can achieve. This is an innovative but fun place to work – and we trust that you’ll meet our standards.
- We are kind
Clients come to us with complex, exciting, but often challenging projects. And we are the friendly face that will help them reach their goals – and be with them for the long run. Our team is open, accepting, and always ready to accept new ideas. Because after all, in a world where being kind is free – why be anything but?
- We are fun
When you’re working at the forefront of technology, every day is different. And in this fast-paced environment, we realise that work isn’t always going to be fun. Some days can be stressful, but despite this, we know the importance of enjoying ourselves. Because at the end of the day, we spend a lot of time at work – so we might as well have fun while we’re there.
Experience and qualifications
The ideal individual will be:
- Adept at working autonomously, finding new opportunities within your own contact list and via other proactive activity
- Ability to sell on value, rather than price whilst having strong commercial awareness.
- Able to communicate effectively at a senior level
- Enthusiastic and talented for all forms of business generation
- Self-starter, organised, self-sufficient and self-directed on a day-to-day basis
- Bright and analytical
- Outstanding contact list and networking ability
- New business hunter as well as account management, negotiation and broad sales skills
- Possess a strong LinkedIn profile and be able to call upon UK blue chips with whom they have relationships
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our vibrant growing company and to really make a difference to our future success, with rewards to match.
Softwire operates transparent pay scales and a profit share scheme based on role and overall company performance
- Base salary is based on experience and ranges from £65,000 – £85,000
- You can expect to receive an average of between £11,000 and £23,000 in profit share depending on your experience and company performance.
- Pension: Additional 5% of salary
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy 10 and sell 5)
- 3.5 days additional days off for company-wide morale activities
- AIG income protection
- Travel card loan scheme
- Zero emission car scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Time off for charitable activities
- Sabbatical available on request
- Payroll charity donations
- Headspace plus
- Free annual eye test
- Long service awards
Flexible working options and patterns
- (Flexible Working: The role is suitable for people who want to work 4dpw)
- (Hybrid Working: Generally able to work at least 2dpw from home)
We are a flexible employer who understand that being committed to a job is not the same as sacrificing everything for it: holiday is holiday; if you need flexibility for life stuff that’s not a problem; and we don’t expect (or want) long hours – we believe in a good work/life balance.
To apply for this job please visit www.softwire.com.