Who Is TJX Europe?
If you haven’t heard of us, you’ve probably visited one of our TK Maxx or Homesense stores.
WE’RE PART OF THE WORLD’S leading off-price apparel and home fashions retailer – TJX Companies, Inc. We have an annual global turnover of over $39bn* and our business is growing.
What is continuous improvement?
Continuous improvement is a business strategy that involves the evaluation and revision of processes, methods and practices. The goal of continuous improvement is to make periodic changes to increase the efficiency, accuracy and effectiveness of business operations using key tools from Lean Six Sigma.
As a 12 month placement, your main responsibilities will include:
- Participating in process improvement projects, leveraging Lean Six Sigma (LSS) methodology, including scoping, defining, prioritizing projects, identifying project metrics, developing control plans to ensure project delivers gains that are continuous and sustainable with results that are measurable and validated developing pilot plans as needed
- Responsible for supporting research that identifies improvement opportunities, including identifying, testing, and developing and implementing sustainable improvement strategies to improve productivity and efficiencies that supports current and future business needs
- Providing planning support using DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve, Control) project roadmap includes identifying project metrics, providing methods to validate project solutions, deliver measurable and validated results and develop control plans to ensure project gains are continuous and sustainable
- Serving as an internal consultant on assigned projects to assist with identifying improvement opportunities and providing recommendations that includes defining Voice of the Customer, overseeing data collection, analysis, testing
- Collaborating with TJX Europe departments where there is impact to operational efficiencies, analysing data based on metrics, providing quantitative and qualitative observations, and developing recommendations based on findings
- Working towards Bachelor’s degree in Business Management/ Engineering/Science (preferred, not essential)
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma (LSS) and DMAIC methodology; LSS Green and/or Yellow belt training an asset
- Demonstrated project management skills including structured project methodologies (i.e. determining needs, researching existing programs, etc.); utilizing multiple sources of information to develop well-structured business recommendations preparing and maintaining detailed development plans for projects; determining project specifications; understanding and applying principles of project control; and knowledge of and ability to use project reporting systems
- Good analytical and critical thinking skills to provide solutions; ability to leverage prior experience and adapt quickly to the changing work environment to make effective decisions, revise business strategies to support the vision of the organization
- Demonstrated problem solving skills including analysis of information (i.e. requirements; description of problems.); provide solutions with cost implications to effectively resolve issues and execute strategic solutions
- Good organizational development skills including change management, time management; ability to implement and manage details, prioritize, multi-task and sometimes work under time pressure; ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills; ability to read, write and interpret information accurately.
- Ability to develop and build relationships with internal and external partners, influence team members and help prioritize activities and resources to meet the organization’s needs; build rapport and credibility to be a trusted advisor
- Demonstrated people management skills including coaching, providing advice and guidance to Associates to resolve issues/problems, evaluating performance and providing feedback to team members.
- Good understanding of financial planning, business tools and reports to make business recommendation.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office – Word, Excel,
- PowerPoint, Access; VBA and SharePoint knowledge/experience an asset.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data using statistical software such as Minitab
- Demonstrated ability to deliver measurable results
- Problem solving ability- Lean or Six Sigma
- Interact and partner with all levels of the organization up to Manager and Manager of
- Project Management
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tjx.com.