Website The One Group
Recruitment as it should be.
This Cambridge based organisation are offering you a generous set of benefits, along with the opportunity to work with a team who are identifying and commercialising some breakthrough technologies of the future!
One of their interesting projects is devoted to high-performance batteries and they require a PostDoc Chemist who has knowledge and interest in Battery Materials.
It’s initially a 2-year fixed term contract and involves the design, synthesis, and evaluation of novel functional battery materials. In addition, you will also contribute to generating ideas for future innovative technologies within the organisation.
Working within the wider R&D team, you will also contribute to the identification, structural design, and development of novel materials for energy storage applications. This will also include planning and performing the synthesis of novel battery materials for tests in devices, to establish structure-property correlations and to characterise their impact on device performance.
Within your team, you will discuss results and advise on recommendations for the project, whilst strengthening the team’s understanding of which applications high-performance batteries could be used in, and to identifying the key players in the field. There will also be some external projects to contribute to, with some generation of Intellectual Property for the business.
So what experience do you need to apply?
- Chemistry PhD, or a Chemistry degree and equivalent work experience gained in a high-tech R&D environment
- Strong background in synthetic organic chemistry
- Knowledge of polymer chemistry would a plus
- Battery technologies
- Electrochemical techniques
- An interest in the synthesis of functional materials and their evaluation
- Superb interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate technical concepts to all audiences
- Keen to progress
- Creativity, with an eye for solving tricky problems methodically
If this sounds like the perfect next step into industry for you, this is what you can expect to get in return:
- Two-year fixed term contract (may be extended), offering around £39k
- Visa sponsorship, if required
- Relocation package if you need it
- Generous sign on bonus
- Fantastic opportunities for learning and development
- Inclusive, diverse environment
- 27 Days’ holiday + Bank holidays
- An extra day off for your birthday and other time off to take part in volunteering!
- Private health and dental insurance
- Life assurance
- Income protection insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Flexible working approach, including flexitime and home working
To apply for this job please visit www.theonegroup.co.uk.