Oxa is enabling the transition to self-driving vehicles through an initial focus on the most commercially advanced sector; the autonomous shuttling of goods and people.
We are home to some of the world’s leading experts on autonomous vehicles, creating solutions such as Oxa Driver, equipping vehicles with full self-driving functionality; Oxa MetaDriver, using Generative AI to accelerate and assure the safety of deployments; and Oxa Hub, a set of cloud-based offerings for autonomous fleet management. Our technology is being deployed across the UK and the U.S, and we’re partnering with a fast-growing ecosystem of operators, vehicle OEMs and equipment makers serving autonomous transportation globally as it advances.
Based in Oxford, and with offices in Canada and the U.S, Oxa was founded in 2014 and is growing rapidly (350+ ‘Oxbots’ to date). Our purpose is to change the way the Earth moves, through an uncompromising focus on safety, efficiency and explainability of our AI approaches. The company has attracted $225 million from leading investors so far, with $140 million raised in the last Series C funding round in January 2023.
Does the term “you build it, you own it” resonate strongly? Are you an advocate of empowering engineering teams? If so, this role could be just what you are looking for. Joining us as a Senior Engineer, you will be working in our “Platform Engineering” team. You will focus on the design and development of solutions for a range of products and projects.
Alongside this you will:
- Work in engineering teams to design systems for operability, whilst thinking about how we will manage, update, and monitor those systems in production.
- Review and improve existing solutions. Ensuring we continuously raise the bar on operability, including security, reliability, and scale.
- Work closely with stream-aligned teams to provide expertise and support for the implementation and management of their environments.
- Strong experience with installing, configuring, and managing Linux environments.
- Strong experience with infrastructure as code, such as Terraform.
- Strong experience with cloud, such as GCP, AWS, or Azure.
- Experience with containerisation, such as Docker.
- Experience with CI/CD systems, such as Jenkins, GitLab, CircleCI.
- Experience with monitoring and observability tools.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to a variety of technical and non technical audiences.
- A solid understanding of DevOps principles and methodologies.
Extra kudos if you have:
- Container orchestration platforms, such as Kubernetes.
- Experience building or maintaining Internal Developer Portals.
- Experience in mentoring other DevOps team members.
The Candidate Journey: Multi-Step and Two-Way
No-one wants to feel like a square peg in a round hole, so this process is designed to give you every chance to get the measure of us, and us of you. The various stages give you every opportunity to show your unique strengths and qualities, and enables each of us to establish if we’re a good fit for the other. If the fit is good and you’re selected, you’re then in a position to do great work and thrive, which is what everyone wants.
- Competitive salary, benchmarked against the market and reviewed annually
- Company share programme
- Hybrid and/or flexible work arrangements
- An outstanding £3,000 flexible benefits including private medical insurance, critical illness coverage, life assurance, EAP, group income protection
- Funded relocation support
- Fully funded Visa sponsorship if required
- A salary exchange pension plan
- 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- A pet-friendly office environment
- Safe assigned spaces for team members with individual and diverse needs
We believe that diversity of thought and experience is a key driver of innovation. It also makes life, and work, more interesting. So ours is a culture that celebrates humanity in all its diversity and richness, and uses difference as fuel to grow and succeed together. Everyone is welcome, everyone has a voice, everyone is valued. And our work and people are all the better for it.
Learn more about our culture here.
Why become an Oxbot?
Our team of experts in computer science, AI, robotics and machine learning is world-class, and together they’re solving the most exciting and important technological challenges of our times.
But as well as smarts, Oxbots have heart. Our diverse, multi-cultural crew is guided by a shared vision to bring the myriad benefits of autonomy to our customers and partners. And in a company that celebrates uniqueness as much as skill and experience, they do it with energy, conviction and a healthy dose of excitement, too.
If you are bold, creative and hyper skilled, come and create the future of autonomy with us at Oxa.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.